Special discounts, resources and support from Sylvan Learning offered to all PTA members
ALEXANDRIA, Va. () — As part of their compatible missions to increase family involvement in education and ensure all children succeed, National PTA® and Sylvan Learning are teaming up to offer free and discounted resources for both students and parents.
With nearly 800 learning centers nationwide, Sylvan is a leading provider of personalized tutoring services for students of all ages and skill levels. Through this new alliance, PTA members across the country will have access to education experts, resources and services from Sylvan to help children thrive.
“National PTA and Sylvan Learning share a commitment to ensuring that every child reaches his or her full potential, both in school and in life,” said Otha Thornton, president of National PTA. “Learning is individual for every child, and providing each child with the personal support he or she needs is critical to help him or her succeed. We are excited to team with Sylvan to provide families and students with access to personalized support to help them excel in their studies and beyond.”
Among the initial benefits: All PTA members can receive 50 percent off a Sylvan Insight Assessment, which identifies a child’s academic strengths and weaknesses as well as his or her attitudes about school and learning. The assessment is designed to help families and educators determine the right support a child needs to excel. In addition to the discount, for every student who takes an assessment, Sylvan will donate $10 to the student’s local PTA.
"We are proud to be an official PTA Member Benefits Provider and our local centers look forward to working closely with local PTA units to help every child reach his or her full potential,” says Julia Fitzgerald, chief marketing officer at Sylvan Learning. “Like National PTA, we are a resource for students and parents in helping to ignite a lifestyle of learning.”
For more information on the current services and resources available to PTA members through Sylvan Learning, visit PTA.org/benefits.
About National PTA
National PTA® comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
About Sylvan Learning
Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 30 years of experience and nearly 800 centers located throughout North America. Sylvan’s trained and Sylvan-certified instructors provide personalized instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills and test-prep for college entrance and state exams. Sylvan also hosts MomMinded.com, a blog offering tips and resources from moms and education experts. For more information, call 1-800-31-SUCCESS or visit www.SylvanLearning.com.
Heidi May, National PTA
Julia Covelli, Sylvan Learning
- National PTA Statement on Franklin Regional Senior High School Stabbing
- 2014 National PTA Federal Public Policy Agenda
- National PTA Responds to Results of 2012 Programme for International Student Assessment
- Missouri PTA's Selected for Grants
- PTA Missouri Assessment Guide
- Advocacy Award Nominations Now Being Accepted!
- Government Shutdown
- Save The Date For The 2014 Legislative Converence
- NPTA Action Alert - HR3102
- Join Drive 4 Pledges Day
- National PTA Official Back-To-School Kit is Online
- Secretary of Education, NFL Commissioner, and Erin Gruwell Headline 117th Annual National PTA Convention in Cincinnati
- ONboard for Advanced Placement - Local Leader News
- National PTA Kindle Recipients
- PTA Family Reading Experience, Powered by Kindle
- A message from National PTA President Betsy Landers
- Missouri PTA Student Representative Recognized as Outstanding Advocate
- Missouri PTA Past Presidents Among Nominations for National PTA Board
- PTA Commends Congress Action On Proposed Weapons Ban
- PTA Maintains Position on Gun-Free Schools